Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Reading the Red

RED
I began a reading journey last night that is a little different than anything I've done before. I'm reading through the Gospels, but only the RED letters. I have a copy of Scripture that prints the words of Jesus in red. I know this is nothing new, but I felt compelled late last night to begin reading and rereading the words of Jesus.

Jesus told his followers to "go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit. Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you. And be sure of this: I am with you always, even to the end of the age.

If people are to follow the teachings of Jesus, then I need to know them inside and out.
I want to read them over and over.
I want them to saturate my life.
I want to live them out.
I want to set the example.
I want to lead the way.

0 comments: