Thursday, August 7, 2008

I met Madison last week

Our family went out to eat the last night we were in Florida. The last restaurant of a vacation is very important to me. What will be my final vacation eating memory? Should I repeat a great place so I know I won't be disappointed. Should I go with a cheap place to save money? Should I pick a unique local place, but risk ending on a bad meal..... All these thoughts go through my head when choosing a restaurant on vacation...especially the last day.

We chose the Old Key Lime House. It was great the best place we ate all week.

We had a great waitress. She immediately connected to our boys. We struck up conversation. We found out we use to live in the same city (Springfield, MO). She attended a church our friends' go to. Small world....

But now she is in South Florida. She moved in with a friend. She knows no one. She said she wasn't very happy. She's only lived there for two weeks.

I knew this was a God moment. You just know when someone brings someone across your path. So we continued to talk to her. We finally asked if she found a church. My hunch is that church was not on her list of priorities.

I recommended a church that was in the area. We have heard great things about it. (I've never attended, but I hope word-of-mouth-reputation was accurate.)

I truly pray Madison finds a church, gets more connected to God than she has ever been, and that she discovers God's will for her life.

I think she was a little lost in her journey. Maybe God used my family as a flashlight into a new direction.

0 comments: