Friday, November 14, 2008

Let's be honest with God

Dear God,

All I know is that I want people to give their lives to you. I know as a pastor I have influence in people's lives to help make that happen. I simply need to know HOW to make that happen. I assume more prayer is apart of it. I know helping people look past themselves is a part of it. But what else?

Too many people around here are going to hell. I know no one likes to talk about that. I know that's not PC. I know that is not "relevant" language to use. I know this may offend someone. But... I just want people to know You. I want people to experience your joy, your mercy, your love, your hope.

What should I do? What should WE do? How can they experience your love?
My heart is yelling this out...

(That's my gut-honest prayer today.)
What's your prayer?

2 comments:

Paul Day said...

My gut-honest prayer is for Christians to take back their religion from politicians who use it to advance an agenda of fear and make promises they have no intention of keeping.

I pray that Christians will turn back to the Bible and focus on what's important - helping those that truly need help rather than those they deem worthy of help. I pray they will stop demonizing those that God alone can judge.

I pray that Christianity will stop spending money on 128' flat screen televisions for mega-churches or building "campuses" that have their own zip code and put that money towards goals that Jesus would support.

In short, I pray that they will return to Jesus' example of attracting through good deeds and sacrifice rather than flash and power.

Amen

Dani Yells said...

My gut honest prayer is that the shepherds will turn from their ways and open their eyes to the needs of the flock. Like Ezekiel 34 states, the shepherds have been feeding off the flock instead of caring for them. They have been building their ministries instead of their flock. I pray that they will see what has been going on, and look for those sheep that have gone astray and bring them back into the fold. That they will go after the lost, heal up the wounds of the sick, feed the hungry, clothe the naked, love the unlovable and stop worrying about how it looks to others.