Sunday, March 1, 2009

the 1814 project: update

Last week in Honduras was amazing.

In less than 48 hours in San Jeronimo, Honduras, we were able to meet several key leaders and rally together the support and coalition needed to bring about transformation in the small Honduran community.

The lead transformation team will be Pastor Olman from a local church in San Jeronimo, One Hope (formerly Book of Hope International) and First Assembly in Mattoon. The Partnership coalition will consist of San Jeronimo school principals, teachers, the mayor, community leaders, other faith leaders, and some special help from our new friend who is a Peace Corps Volunteer working in the community. (Shout out to Dora!)

From time to time I'll introduce you to people in the community. I'll share their pics, a brief bio, and a few prayer requests. I want you, my online friends, to join me in praying for the leaders of San Jeronimo, Honduras.

I would love for you to join me on this journey as we make a huge difference in one little community in Central America. (Who knows, maybe you'll actually go there someday with us and see it in person.) Who doesn't want to make generational differences in an entire community?

Meet Pastor Olman and His family

Pastor Olman with his wife, Karen, and two sons, Alexi and Estephen.

For more information, go to www.the1814project.com

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is very encouraging Travis. I really see this as the body of Christ working together in Holy unity. I love the concept, and would love to see churches in American adopt this model. The impact God will allow you to have on this small community is going to be awesome. Have a blast man.

Jeremy