Saturday, September 13, 2008

Does Jesus have a ladder?

My oldest son is five years old.
I was a special guest in his kindergarten class this week for "Career Week."
I had the honor of explaining what a pastor did. (Read email, blog, twitter...stuff like that. JUST KIDDING!)

Last night I was putting my son to bed. He looks at me and says, "Dad, you will know the answer to this because you are a pastor. How do we get to Heaven."

I was excited. I explained salvation to him as a five-year-old may understand it.

He responded: "I know all that, dad. But How will Jesus get us to heaven? How do we get there?"

I explained that it wouldn't be an elevator or a rope or a ladder.

"He will just make sure we get there" was the best answer I could give.
I'm not sure he was happy with my answer.

I love kids!

...and what would you have said????

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

we will fly up like a bird

or

lift off like a space ship
lol

Anonymous said...

Maaaaagic!

Seriously, if anyone can make magic it's Jesus, and if anything is magic it's dying (poof, your spirit is still alive independent of your body and you are [at some point] in Heaven, happily bonding with Jesus and your loved ones and historical figure types and whoever the heck else])...

Also, kids are way better at accepting and understanding that answer than grownups.

Your answer was probably my number 2, because extemporaneous speaking can be a real pain.