Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Fantasy Church League

I want to propose a new fantasy league to all the online fantasy sports addicts out there:
Fantasy Church League.

Here's how it would work:
You get to choose 10 churches in the United States.
Only three can be from the same denomination.
Only three can be non-denominational.

Scoring:

Attendance based on previous week to current week.

1 pt for a 1-5 increase
2 pts for a 6-9 increase
3 pts for a 10-20 increase
4 pts for a 25-50 increase
5 pts for a 50+ increase
Same points are deducted if there is a decrease.

First-Time Attenders
1 pt for a 1-5 FTA
2 pts for a 6-9 FTA
3 pts for a 10-20 FTA
4 pts for a 25-50 FTA
5 pts for a 50+ FTA

Salvation responses:
1 pt for 1 response
2 pts for 2-3 response
3 pts for 4-7 response
4 pts for 8-15 response
5 pts for 16+ response

Baptisms
1 pt for 1 baptisms
2 pts for 2-3 baptisms
3 pts for 4-7 baptisms
4 pts for 8-15 baptisms
5 pts for 16+ baptisms


BONUS POINTS
5 pts if FTAs 50-99 percent fill out a information card.
10 pts if 100 percent FTAs fill out a information card.
10 pts if there are no parent notifications during service.
10 pts if there are no media glitches.
10 pts if church serves "fair trade" coffee.
10 pts if parking lot crew uses orange flags.
10 pts if church is out early.
25 pts if the first three rows are filled at least 80 percent capacity.

NEGATIVE POINTS
5 pts if the coffee runs out early.
5 pts for every 10 mins the service runs long.
5 pts if information is incorrect on sign
5 pts for every time a baby cries so much the parent carries him/her out.
2 pts for every time speaker uses a sermon illustration one year old.
5 pts for every time a speaker uses a sermon illustration 2-4 years old.
10 points every time a speaker uses a sermon illustration 5+ years old.

YOUR TURN: Add more point options, rules, guidelines....

8 comments:

Unknown said...

That is funny! I think this could happen. To make it really catch on , you can use mega churches on TBN and other networks, and have the 700 club website host the fantasy league.

P.S. Better luck next week.
Jake

Anonymous said...

I would rather see a Pastoral UFC

Jason Davis said...

This is really funny!

I have had similar idea to this. I really like Sim and Tycoon games. Why dont we create a Church Tycoon computer game?

Hmm... I think I will have to look into this more

Anonymous said...

Brilliant!!! I love it. I know some pastors that would be all over that.

Anonymous said...

I have a few additions:

1 pt for each time a flag is waved.
2 pts for each time the pastor says "along the way" or if the worship leader says "this day"
5 pts for each tambourine player (-5 if they are off rhythm)
50 pts for each small group thet prvides child care at the small group or at least is family friendly.

-5 pts for telling lame jokes (this includes lipstick on pitbull jokes)
-10 pts for each creepy, obese geriatric hugger/greeter

I'm not sure how to score snake handling or jericho marches someone will have to help me with that.

wk

Anonymous said...

crossroads administrator huh? You're giving us all a bad name...

Anonymous said...

It looks like it would be equaly as good if not better than fantasy football!
Laughed so much at this post!

Jacoline said...

Hi Travis,

I found you through Ally’s blog. I’m a Dutch friend of Ally’s brother Philip. At the moment I’m writing my dissertation about Christian faith and christian youth movements in the US. I was wondering if I can ask you a few questions. If so, please e-mail me back on: jacolinevanderplas (a)gmail.com

THANKS!!

Jacoline