Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Meet My Friend Matt

My friend Matt Wilkie has amazing stories. He travels the world as a missionary and finds himself in incredible situations, as well as random encounters with all kinds of people.

At the same time, I live in Mattoon, IL. Home of the original Burger King. Matt likes to eat there when he is in town. So as a Christmas gift several years ago, I jokingly bought him an original Burger King T-Shirt.

Now, everywhere he goes--whether its the Great Wall of China, volcanoes, Eiffel tower, Africa, indigenous tribal villages ...he tries to take his picture next to the world icons while wearing his Original Burger King shirt.

So.... as Matt as in O'Hare airport in Chicago, he met this guy....



"The Architect" Karl Rove was standing in terminal C talking on his cell phone. This was one of President Bush's major political consultants. If you know political news, you know Karl Rove.

Matt had a great--and funny--conversation with him. If you know Matt, you there will always be a good story.

Read Matt's post here.
Read about the ORIGINAL Burger King.
Who is Karl Rove?

Someday I will write the whole Matt Wilkie/Burger King T-shirt exclusive story with photographs. (But I'm pitching that idea to out local paper, first!) Should be fun.

1 comments:

Aaron B. Allison said...

O My.. That is Awesome! What is the odds.