Tuesday, September 16, 2008

small achievements...

Sometimes the small achievements can make you feel like a warrior.


Last week a small wash rag ended up sliding down the bathtub drain after one of my son's bath. The next day the water would slowly drain. Three days later the water would VERY SLOWLY drain. Sunday... the water wouldn't drain.

Joy had been bugging asking me to take care of it. The problem was that the rag was way down in the pipe. Way Down. 

Last eager Saturday morning I purchased a special-flexible-grabber-claw-thing tool. ...too short. It wouldn't reach Way Down to get it.

I finally dismantled the drain mechanism to get a good angle, used a medium-grade metal hanger from our basement laundry area, twisted an end on the wire to create a spiral-shaped hook.

I injected the medium-grade metal hanger down the drain until it hit the trap. I twisted...twisted....twisted ... then pulled up the hanger in great anticipation. Picture a pro angler catching his trophy bass in a million-dollar fishing tournament.

As I pulled there was tension.  (I think I got something!!)

Then out of the drain....



I grunted in warrior-like fashion.

I won. The rag lost. 
I was the champion that day.

6 comments:

The Haver Family said...

Nice warrier stance!

aarondl said...

For some reason I feel that the Bear's shirt makes just adds to your "triumphantness"

Elgin Combs said...

maybe it's the lighting, but it looks like you've got an earring. You rebel.

.phil said...

that picture is awesome

.phil

travis spencer said...

no earring. just a dirty rag hanging from a wire. Sorry.

Anonymous said...

There is a bar of soap stuck in our toilet, it appears you now have experience in this area, when are you going to come over and show me how its done? I am flexible, whenever you are free!
Jake