Friday, April 18, 2008

Side-Note Scribbles

I captured a few "side-note" inspirational thoughts I heard during the Book of Hope meetings.

  • You have to get the church body to own "the lossness" of your community (and world).
  • Everyday needs to be a personal John 15:5 day. “Yes, I am the vine; you are the branches. Those who remain in me, and I in them, will produce much fruit. For apart from me you can do nothing."
  • We need to develop indigenous leaders.
  • We need to be known as a life-giving church.
One more interesting thought:
When you walk into an AA meeting...everyone is a wreck and everyone knows it. So everyone is accepting. When you walk into church, everyone acts like they have it together, so everyone puts on their game face. AA is relational, accepting, open, and welcoming. How can the church be like that?

4 comments:

Noebie said...

you're a good man, travis

Anonymous said...

Travis,

I'm glad our e-paths have crossed.

Know that you are loved,
gaj

evan said...

hi.
my name is evan.
i'm a church-aholic.

dug said...

Thanks for the insights/quotes from the BOH meeting. Good stuff...