Saturday, April 12, 2008

Taking A Risk!

I'm not afraid to take some risks. I'll charge into hell with a water gun.
But physical risks...that's different.

I'm the guy who doesn't want to jump over a four-foot creek because I think I'm going to fall in.

So...a 25-foot high ropes course isn't my idea of a fun day.
But because I was at some summer camp prep meetings, we got to try out the new high ropes course offered at Eagle Crest Adventures at Lake Williamson.

I didn't want to do it.
And neither did one other guy.
And we both said to each other, "I'll stay next to you."

But I had to move away from another fearful guy and stand next to the guy eager to go up and have fun. I needed to borrow his excitement and just do it.

Life is like that. If we're afraid to try something new, we can't hang back with the other doubters. We must surround ourselves around people willing to move forward in adventure.

So I did just that.



I strapped into all the gear.



I walked across cables and ropes that were 25 feet in the air.


ONE TIME I WAS EVEN BLIND FOLDED!

Do something adventurous in life.
Surround yourself around people willing to go beyond the mundane.

What or who challenges you to take a risk?

3 comments:

evan said...

did ur sweatshirt get ripped off halfway thru?

dug said...

Let me guess, the other "fearful guy"...hmmm...my good friend Jon Keck perhaps?

Anonymous said...

Ropes courses rock. We just talked about those in our Sunday pre-morning service meeting thing. Kinda like Sunday School, only not.