Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Looking for a good vacation book.

I leave for vacation at the end of the month.
I'm looking for a good book to read.

However: I'm feeling like putting some restrictions on this book:

  • Must be uplifting and inpiring.
  • Cannot be a church strategy book. (I'm on vacation!)
  • Light and relaxing.
  • I prefer non-fiction.
  • I want to read a good story that doesn't make me think of work.
  • C'mon Don Miller...publish another book!!!
Please give me some suggestions.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Joyce Meyer's The Penny. I haven't read it yet, but it's supposed to be really good.

Rick said...

FEEL, Michael Elliot
THUMPIN' IT, Berlinerblau
WE THE PURPLE
DIVINE NOBODIES, Palmer

Branch out to fiction - Charles Martin Smith is one of my favorites right now.

Roogles said...

Lamb, The Gospel According to Biff - Christ's Childhood Pal by Christopher Moore.

Blake Leitch said...

Seriously check out Two Wars by Nate Self. I am reading it right now, it is great. I blogged about it @ www.blakeleitch.com

Unknown said...

I've read "The Penny" and it is an inspiring story.

Anonymous said...

Gotta go with 'The Shack' - if you read only one fiction book this year - make it this one!

Anonymous said...

is Frank Paretti considered church strategy?
-wk

Kat said...

I recommend "There is No Me Without You" by Melissa Faye Green. It's about a woman who runs an orphanage in Ethiopia, and the AIDS and orphan situation there. It's not light reading, but it is very well-written, and the story of everything that this woman has done is amazing.