Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Lunch = Inspiration

I meet with about eight ministry leaders from a few local churches every Wednesday for a book discussion. We just finished up Pop Goes The Church, by Tim Stevens.

I'm excited that tomorrow we all meet in Granger, IN to meet Tim Stevens for lunch. He was gracious enough to give us his lunch time to talk with us about his book, church strategy, and Granger Community Church.

I am jazzed about this opportunity. It is well worth our 4-hour drive to meet with Tim. He's loaded with information and inspiration.

Tim is very busy. Tim has tons of responsibilities at GCC. Tim has a thousand other things he could be doing other than meeting us for lunch.

I appreciate his willingness to invest in other churches. I'm grateful he'll set a side a few hours so I can soak up some wisdom. I believe those who serve and invest into others will be greatly rewarded in God's supernatural system of blessing his people.

Who would you like to have lunch with?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cool. This will be a great lunch I am sure.

Who would I like to have lunch with?

I would love to work my way down the list of all the amazing blogger friends I have met. That would be pretty cool.

ATaylor said...

I would like to have lunch with Hitler if he was alive. I would have a few questions to ask...

As for someone who is actually living it would have to be the guys running for president I would like to know their vision for this country.