Thursday, July 24, 2008

QUESTIONS for Our Discipleship Camp Panel

It was time to ask anything.
Approximately 70 high school students from all across Illinois were invited to ask anything during a session of Discipleship Camp. The panel was made up of a pastor, Youth Alive Campus missionary, a missionary wife, a family counselor, and a traveling youth communicator.

Here’s a sample of the questions:

Can the devil disguise himself as a human?

What is your opinion on the teaching of evolution in public schools?

My friend doesn’t want to live for eternity...what should I tell him?

What do you think about secular music, and books, etc... because Rob Bell talks about Christians being tour guides pointing out the truth wherever we find it...and there is some truth in secular songs...

Does a person need the Holy Spirit to have full Salvation?

When someone speaks in tongues, is it under conscious control or does the Holy Spirit completely take control?

How do you keep the “fire burning” after camp?

I was raised in church...but I still wonder if people didn’t just show up and make God up to feel good.

What is the church background of this panel?

How do you become a campus missionary at a full-time Bible College? Is it needed?

Why does the average teenager fall away from God once they get a boyfriend/girlfriend?

How can I stop sexual immoral behavior and masturbation?

How do I deal with the atheist in me?

How do I effectively use my testimony when my story is being a Christian who still struggles?

Do you think Jesus would go to church?

Where is all the stuff about Jesus being a young child?

Jesus says to sell everything we own and give it away to the poor and needy; what’s up with that?

Is it ok to be gay?

(We did not have enough time to answer all the questions, so I'll be posting and continue to provide answers for TOUGH QUESTION TUESDAY starting in a few weeks after my vacation.)

1 comments:

.phil said...

good and tough questions, who was on the panel?