Monday, July 14, 2008

Weekend highlights

Debt Free. We celebrated this weekend at First Assembly that our building is debt free. We're excited to use that mortgage money to invest in ministry that will help transform our community. God has exciting plans for our church and community!

Junk Free. I shared with Junior High and High School students this Sunday night at The Pipeline the importance of allowing God to clean the junk out of our lives. I shared my own personal story, I showed the Nooma video, Lump, and challenged students to examine their lives and write down all the junk that could be cleaned out.

Muted. Joy and I taught in Kids Factory Sunday morning on self-control and learning to control the words that come out of our mouths. At the end of the service, we put MUTE buttons on each kid and muted them. They couldn't talk until their parents unmuted them, and then they had to explain the main teaching topic of the day. (Parents loved their kids being muted!)

Outfished. I took the boys fishing on Saturday. I caught a nasty five-inch bullhead catfish. Riley (age 3) caught a big shad all by himself on a worm. Dakota (age 5) caught TWO fish, a bluegill and a shad. Fun day.

0 comments: