Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Artistry and Faith



I can't wait until Sunday night.
I've watched Evan create art all week getting ready for Sunday night's candlelight experience.

He wasn't painting. He wasn't sculpting.

Evan was standing in the auditorium dreaming and envisioning of how the entire candlelight experience would look, feel, and flow.

I peeked in on him yesterday and thought to myself, Evan's painting in his head. He's working on a piece of art. I appreciate his ability to see it. How he can teach and build our faith through a variety of creative expressions. It's artistry, teaching and faith intertwined.

Come Sunday to experience a night of miracles.
Come get saturated in the telling of the miracles of the Christmas story in a way that will cause your faith to rise up and become contagious.

The miracles that happened 2000 years ago were from God.
The miracles that you need in your life is from the same God.
May we experience that on Sunday evening.

Sunday @ 6:30 p.m.
First Assembly

1 comments:

Elgin Combs said...

I'm going to talk to my wife. We may be there. We aren't doing anything at church this year for a candlelight service. I'd like to come to yours.