Wednesday, June 11, 2008

And then it hit me...

I've been praying and thinking and reading in regards to my June 22 One Prayer message I'll be preaching at First Assembly.

My one prayer for the church is... Make us broken.

God needs to break our hearts for those who don't know Him in a personal way. We need to hurt for those who walk through life and have no idea they are walking into spiritual emptiness.

How can I be more passionate for the spiritually lost?
How can I truly hurt and be bothered when I realize someone I know is not following and trusting Jesus?

We (the church) say we are about reaching the lost. But are we?

Do I care about other people the way I should?

Then I read
Romans 10:1 (MSG)
"Believe me, friends, all I want for Israel is what's best for Israel: salvation, nothing less. I want it with all my heart and pray to God for it all the time."

Beginning today: 10 minutes of laser-focussed prayer everyday in 2008 targeting my community and its need to know Jesus and his salvation.

Will you join me?

1 comments:

Jason Davis said...

I was just thinking Tuesday that I ahve not been disciplined in my prayer, first of all I dont set time aside every day to pray, and secondly I dont have anything specific that I pray for on a regular basis.

In my head, I am all about reaching those that dont have a relationship with Christ, but not in my actions. I am with you.

Thanks