Sunday, June 15, 2008

going to kids camp

I leave Monday morning to invest in hundreds of Illinois elementary children at a kids' camp.

I just read over my "Team Captain " responsibilities for the week.
Here's a few of them:

  • Be at attendance at 7 am staff meetings. (Yikes, pretty early)
  • Show and help the KP boys with their duties. (Scrape disgusting food remains into trash.)
  • Patrol grounds during day (Ride in golf cart)
  • Patrol grounds and close down the activities when instructed by director. (Ride in golf cart.)
  • Transport campers to their room after bedtime meds. (Ride in golf cart.)
  • Do a quick daily room check to make sure the rooms are not total messes. (hope all toilets are flushed.)
In all serious, I will help a team of counselors invest in hundreds of children. I pray God will help me encourage, coach, and inspire those counselors to invest in their campers this week. I pray God will give me insight and wisdom to make sure hundreds of campers have an incredible experience while at camp. I pray God will do great things in this young generation!

Do you have church camp memories?

4 comments:

Rebekah Sanders said...

Have a great week at camp. Just finished packing up my two oldest kids for their week at camp. Not sure who is more excited - them or us! Praying for everyone at camp this week.

.phil said...

c5 chick magnets

Anonymous said...

I have so many great church camp memories... worship...games...tears and snot...hearing God speak...No sleep...wrestling in the d-camp lobby...its all great have a great week investing into kids!

Ashley taylor

travis spencer said...

D-camp, C-5.... great memories.


this year