Thursday, June 5, 2008

Dear Trash Collector:

Dear men who pick up my trash,

Before you lift the lid to take out the bags of trash from my can, I need to prepare you for something. You see, last Friday, one day after you picked up my trash last week, our refrigerator died. Now, don't worry, I'm not asking you to haul it off.

However, the eggs, mayo, salad dressing, unthawed chicken and hamburger, lunch meat, ice cream, pork sausage, deer jerky, frozen egg rolls, and the rest of our food has been sitting there in the hot garbage can for six days.

I know it's bad. I had to move the cans away from our house this week because we had our windows open and the unpleasant aroma was drifting into our kitchen.

Last night I peeked in... I'm a risk taker and an explorer.
I guess all those flies that were around the can decided to have babies. A lot of little stuff crawing around in there.

Wishing my fridge wouldn't have died, and today was not your day to be on my route,

Travis


5 comments:

The Haver Family said...

Did you actually leave that on your garbage can?

travis spencer said...

I have to admit, i didn't leave anything on the can. I got up and left before the trash guys showed up.

I'm sure when I get home there will be 2 tons of garbage dumped on my front lawn.

Jason Davis said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

I wonder how many trash collectors get up and say, "Hey, I need to read the blogs of everybody on my route, just in case they gave me a heads up about something that might be nasty."

Dan Morehead said...

LOL...yes, rick, I'm sure they all do.

Travis, I'm a native Illinois-ian (do we have a term for that?), first time visiting. Keep up the blogging.