Sunday, January 6, 2008

Adding to our team!

My wife and I had lunch today with a college couple from our church.

They are incredible people. They have been attending our church for almost a year.
Today we added them to our Kids Factory team, where they will be working with 1st through 5th graders as small group leaders.

It's always refreshing to talk to people eager to serve. I'm looking forward to working along side of our new teammates. May they invest in children's' lives that will impact eternity.

Raising a team of people to serve others is an incredible responsibility. I'll do my best to invest in them so they, in turn, will invest in even more.

What are a few  ways to invest in our leadership team?
- Connect with them personally through meals or coffee.
- Email or text them about "non-business" stuff so they know you care more about then than your own job.
- Resource them as often as you can. Pass along websites, blogs, and podcasts that will inspire and instruct them.
- Share your vision with them as often as possible.
- Bless them over and over in as many ways as possible.

These are just a few off the top of my head.
What did I forget?

0 comments: