Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Q & A with my 4-year-old son


Me: Dakota, how old are you?

Dakota: four.

Me: What is your favorite drink?
Dakota: orange juice. (In the background, my 2-year-old said chocolate juice.)

Me: Tell me about your bedroom.
Dakota: We have a bunk bed. And we can play hide and seek. We have secret place to hide. But I can't tell you, because it's a secret. So...bye!

Me: What do you want for lunch?
Dakota: Why are you texting? Macaroni and cheese. Do you want to wrestle?

Me: Tell me about church?
Dakota: It's very fun. And we...i don't know. And God is there. We love Jesus. And We learn stuff there...that's all! (Riley, my 2-year-old, immediately said" we love God.")

Me: What do you like to do outside?
Dakota: Play baseball. I'm in T-Ball today. (He's not. Its 30 degrees outside.) My brother is not. My brother is in t-ball when he gets bigger.  That's all...Bye!

Me: Do you go to school?
Dakota: Yepper-ee. 

Me: What do you like about school?
Dakota: I just tooted. Dad... I tooted.

Me: So, what do you like about school?
Dakota: I already told you. (and then he walked out.)
(He came back with a coloring page form the fridge that he did at school!)

Me: What time is it?
Dakota: I don't know. What time is it mom? 39? Let's check what the temperature is?

Me: What do you like about mom and dad?
Dakota: I don't like them I just like my cousins.

Me: What is your favorite story to hear at bedtime?
Dakota: Cars...i mean Daniel and the lions den. Do you want to wrestle?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that was a very good interview, I can't wait to hear more! you better go wrestle.

travis spencer said...

@ rajer: it was fun. think i'll do that more often. Sometimes there is more truth in the mind and conversation of a child than in the mouth of an adult.
-travis

LukeG92 said...

i think you have a future MHS wrestler on your hands. before you know it he will be taking down his father(aka you) just like me