Saturday, January 12, 2008

going solo
















I've been waiting all week for this new devotional book to come in the mail.

I really felt like I needed a push forward in 2008 with my regular reading and GodTime. When I saw SOLO at Amazon, and then flipped through it at Barnes and Noble, I knew it would be a great addition to me life this year.

It came in the mail today.
It looks great.

Confession from a pastor: a regular devotional life does not come easy just because you have the title pastor. In fact, an office in the church may be the worse place to find some alone time with God. I must be intentional about making time for some personal time to read, reflect, ponder, imagine, and meditate on God's word and his involvement in my life and in my world.

I know this book isn't a pill or fix-all. But it does bring some fresh inspiration to dive in everyday and hangout with God. I'm excited. I'm excited to have a new tool to help me examine and digest God's Word.

Here's a look at some highlights:
This innovative devotional is designed to change how you interact with God’s Word. The Message//REMIX: Solo revolves around lectio divina, or “divine reading,” an ancient approach to exploring Scripture updated for today’s students. Each devotion delivers a unique, contemplative study that will encourage you to:

Read Uncover biblical wisdom and revelations as you learn to read without the typical limitations that often cut Bible reading short.
Think Immerse yourself in the passage as you place yourself in the story or meditate on words and phrases.
Pray Connect with him through listening prayer and praise as you encounter new ways to communicate with God.
Live Rest, reflect, or do as you discover how to take the Word with you throughout the day.

Looking forward to my daily appointment with God....

You have suggestions?

0 comments: