Monday, January 14, 2008

Now that I'm 33

I survived another birthday. And, like almost every birthday, I got asked the mundane question,"How does it feel to be a year older."


Here's my answer:
Jan. 12 I was 32. Yesterday I turn 33. Today, I'm still 33.

Today, like last week when I was a mere 32, I still:
  • want to grow closer to God.
  • be a good husband and dad.
  • hurt when people close to me make unwise choices that will impact their lives.
  • celebrate when an elementary students asks me to share something out of her bible to the rest of the Kids Factory students because it spoke into her life when reading it at home.
  • feed the dog.
  • read my Bible.
  • talk to my wife about life.
  • drink coffee.
  • check my email and rss feeds.
  • twitter.
  • get on the scales and groan.
  • strive to inspire others to live for God.
  • hate waking up early in the morning.
  • wrestle with my boys.
Instead of thinking in years, I've come to believe I need to think in days, moments, and opportunities. I want to make the most of the time I have and opportunities I've been given.

May we always strive to make good choices, avoid temptation and foolish living, love God, love people, and serve as many people as we can--one day at a time.


0 comments: