Friday, February 29, 2008

hey toothbrush...no vacancy!



So I have a toothbrush holder with four available spots, and now have a family of five.
Is this considered poor planning?

I have three bedrooms, but need four.
I have a one-lane driveway but need two.
I have a one-car garage, but need two.
I have four matching dining room chairs, but need five.
I have one toilet in the house, but need two.

Is this poor planning or poor perspectives?
On one hand I feel crowded and under-resourced, on the other hand I feel extremely blessed beyond belief.

I must learn to be content.
Do you struggle with this?

4 comments:

NYC said...

Hi Travis,

Thank you for stopping by my blog. I hope to be able to go through your blog more as the days go by.

To answer the question you posed in this entry, yes, I most certainly struggle with contentment. It's crazy because I know that I have been so blessed by the Lord; primarily for His gift of salvation. I guess that is the nature of human beings; grace is truly needed and wonderful :)

.phil said...

nope it's just you

MarkC said...

Travis, I am getting married in July. I live in an old New Orleans "shotgun" style house. 1 bedroom, one bath. A living room and an "office". I have a wife, a 14 y/o son, and 16 y/o daughter coming. And you ask me Is this poor planning or poor perspectives? I know exactly how you feel, brother.

Kris said...

You mean someone else feels the same way I do?

Yeah, I've been to third world countries (a LOT), and I do know that we are extremely wealthy compared to most of the rest of the world.

But it doesn't mean I wouldn't like to have a little five-acre spot in the country. I think it's built into the American genome to want to spread out and occupy.