Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Better than I Imagined



If you know anything about PTL and Jim Bakker from the 1980s, then you will love watching this Sundance documentary on Jay Bakker. It's pretty good.

I definitely don't agree with all the theological perspectives that Jay has arrived to. But his passion to reach people who care nothing of God is inspiring. His life seems very authentic. His vision to care for others and meet people's needs far from God is motivating.

If you're from the 80s PTL Jim Bakker era, some of the best aspects of the six-episode reality docu-drama is the relational content regarding his mom and dad. It's pretty interesting.

LINKS
The Sundance Channel website is HERE (This is a good reference site.)
The netflix site is HERE.
Jay's Revolution church site is HERE

Has anyone seen this? Did you like it?

2 comments:

.phil said...

Travis I bought this off of itunes and watched it in a couple of days. I have watched a couple more times since I bought it last year, I liked it. I agree some of his theology I disagree with but love his passion.

It was also nice to see him balance his wifes desires of going back to school and passion for reaching the lost. I loved the fact that he put "his" church in the hands of someone so different than him, trusting God would take care of the church...

anyways it's a good watch and challenges me in my walk with God.

gavin richardson said...

i caught it when sundance was premiering it last year. it goes to show you that if you get to know people you cannot help but feel compassion for them. not a fan of tammy faye or jimmy, but at the end i saw them as people after God's heart just like me, their directions for getting there might be different from my own, but the core things remain the same. broken people seeking God.