Saturday, March 29, 2008

church, men, and painted warriors

Who says a men's ministry at church has to be old boring guys sitting around sipping coffee. Ours is great. Today we grabbed the guns and shot at each other.

Today we finished the book, "Wild at Heart" by John Eldredge.
Then, to be men of adventure, we played paint ball.

I was ready for war-like action. Ready to run, dodge fire, shoot to kill.
A hunter on the prowl to destroy his enemy. My paint was gonna be plastered all across their masks. I couldn't wait.



This first game was about to begin.
The ref was counting to three and then releasing us into battle.
I had my strategy. I was ready to run, shoot, and destroy.

1...2...3...GO!

Three seconds later...bam...bam...bam...

MY BACK gets lit up from a guy behind me.
My teammate shoots me in the back three times from about eight feet away.

Here's the back of my sweatshirt.



Below is most of the guys that played paintball today.
The guy in the orange hat in the center is the friend that shot me in the back.
No hard feelings at all....just a great day of adrenaline rush with the guys.

(click pic for better quality)

May we be men who share life together.

Any other great ideas for men to do?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Travis,
That is hilarious! Oh man, I am still laughing about that. Looks like you all had a good time though!

Sounds like you all had a great Easter service too! We were praying for you all about that. Seemed like it was a really cool service.

Hope everything is going well and we will talk to you soon!

Ashley West