Tuesday, March 18, 2008

I met Saint Santa Bunny

Joy and I met with another family last night to meet about Easter preps, a summer outreach we're planning, and just to connect over some coffee (and pizza).

What was going to be a peaceful meeting without kids, turned into a night of rare, unique, live St. Patrick's Day entertainment that will be etched into my memory banks for some time.

Meet the entertainer


Last night he dressed in a green costume of sorts and played.. well...he played some weird gospel/anti-Buddha song. Then he played some other Protestant vs. Catholic fight song. Then his wife read a poem....and I seriously tried to pay attention to my meeting, but couldn't stop listening and watching his performance.

It was live from a local family-style dining restaurant that has never had live music to my knowledge. A rare specialty of sorts for a boring Monday night in Mattoon. Better than TV.

As I was leaving, we saw that he would be back in a week in a easter bunny costume. I asked the cashier about it. He said, "Yeah, and I think he does Santa Claus, too."

Odd.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL... now if we just be all three at the same time.