Thursday, March 20, 2008

Eternal Impressions

A Slice of Creative Chaos

{RSS readers: pics and video embedded in this post}

I got an opportunity to speak this week to students from Meadowbrook Community Church during their Spring Break retreat. I challenged them to leave a lasting imprint on thier world.

I opened the talk with a conversation and video about Carbon Footprints and how we leave some type of imprint on our world through the resources we use.

I then transitioned into why we need to leave a lasting impression on people's lives.

I explained that God wants us to leave positive impressions on people, and that we should move from being a self-focussed person to a people-focussed person. I used Acts 20:24 as my main verse.

We concluded by dreaming about ways we can leave a positive lasting impression that leaves God's incredible impression on people's lives. They wrote their ideas on a large white sheet of paper on the wall.

After the ideas were written and shared, they painted their hand and left a print on theor hand on the paper as a commitment to make a positive difference. They prayed a quick prayer as they pressed their hand to the wall.

Pics and video below:





2 comments:

evan said...

great idea.

Misty said...

Seriously that is what my house looked like the other day when Oscar pooped on every square inch of the boys room and William stepped in it leaving tracks everywhere.