Thursday, May 22, 2008

Baccalaureate 2008

Last night I spoke to the 2008 Mattoon High School graduates and their families/friends. It was the community Baccalaureate service held in the high school gymnasium.

Some thoughts:

1. I went 100 percent noteless. Didn't even take any with me. I mind mapped, outlined, dreamed about it, internalized everything.... then just went to the event with no notes.
It. Felt. Good.

2. The theme was Stand. I shared four stories: My Story, Daniel's Story, Tomas Borge's story, Their Story.

3. I never would have dreamed 15 years ago when I was graduating from Mattoon that God had THIS journey for me. Incredible.

4. I love Mattoon. Some people want out of this town. I want Jesus glorified IN this town.

5. Partnering and building relationships in our communities is priceless. Connect, connect, connect.

2 comments:

The Haver Family said...

Totally feeling you on #4...can we move back NOW?!? :)

Hope said...

Sweet Trav! Wish we could have been there for it...what an awesome opportunity.

Got any good notes handy on your section on Daniel?? I am writing a paper on him for my class! :)

Hope to talk to you guys soon...Jeremy's parents are here for the weekend so we are looking forward to that.

Tell Joy hi for us!

Love