Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Upon Further Review...

So I eagerly showed my wife my blog post from earlier today. I had lots of hits and good comments. I thought it was a pretty funny "Google image" find.

My wife works in physical therapy with children. She took one look at the picture and said, "Oh My Gosh! You're making fun of a physically challenged child! I can't believe you."

I said...."um...um...um....no..it's just a funny picture."

She said, "Find me the website this picture came from."

I searched Google images again...found the pic, and then went to the original website.

Yep. A Healthcare products website.

*face began to sweat.*

"I had no idea."

This is not the first time I've made this mistake.
(To Be Continued....)


5 comments:

Jason Davis said...

just tell Joy that its not like we are making fun of handicapped people, its just a funny looking product.

Anonymous said...

I told Rick that I thought it was an item for a special needs child. He wanted to give you a hard time, but I knew you had no idea or you would not have posted it. Don't worry! We all know you are not cruel.

Matt said...

You are correct sir, this is not the first time you've made this mistake. I eagerly await your next blog post!!!

Matt Wilkie
Youth Pastor, Park Crest A/G 1997-2001
Led group to World's of Fun in KC, circa 1999.

Matt said...

And by the way, I agree with Tina, I know you wouldn't have posted if you had known, and therefore I'm sure it could accurately be said, "I didn't know!"

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh - it may have been an innocent mistake, but now you need to remove this from your blog. Your wife is a healthcare professional - for kids!