Sunday, May 18, 2008

What. A. Day.



I have a thousand emotions and thoughts running through my head today.
excited. full of vision. anticipating incredible God moments.
humbled. dependent on Him. holding on tight.

I have SO MANY BLOG POSTS coming in the future to talk about my journey in being elected the next Lead Pastor of First Assembly.

As for now, I end my long May 18 with this:

Jesus,
May I be who You want me to be. Keep me humble, keep me pure, keep me passionate for all your kids inside and outside of the church.

May I be full of vision, surrounded by great wisdom, dependent on your Word and Spirit, and innovative in leading your church.

May we be a church that glorifies You, and helps transform people's lives.



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Travis I am SO pumped for you bro!

I just heard about everything. That is so exciting. Jena and I are praying for you and your family and the new chapter God has you on.

Travis

natedavidscott said...

congratulations! i bet there's some good thoughts to follow.

Elgin Combs said...

Very. Flippin. Cool. Let me know if you need a worship guy! ;)

The Haver Family said...

Congrats again...praying that God gives you a continued vision for the Mattoon area.

Matt said...

It'll be fun for Pastor Van as he watches you build on the foundation that's in place now...and he'll be thrilled as you make your own way. The families of Mattoon are blessed (sounds churchy, I know) to have a guy that cares so much and pursues excellence. Will be fun to watch the journey...and to crash at your place a lot more over the years.