Tuesday, May 13, 2008

On My Mind

Here's a list of things on my mind: (in no specific order)

  • I'm speaking at the May 21 MHS Baccalaureate Service
  • I'm speaking May 24 at First Assembly
  • I have to put together a trampoline for my boys
  • I have a garage sale on Saturday that still need a lot of attention
  • The church is voting on me as the next lead pastor THIS Sunday!
  • We need to kick it into gear when it come to our Father's Day service/event
  • There are several hurting families that need their lives turned around
  • China
  • My family
  • Finding time to exercise
  • Illinois District Council and needing my time in the office instead of there
  • Organizing our finances
  • Dreaming BIG for our church.
And today is my day off.

Dear brain,
Please turn off. I would like to have a peaceful day.

5 comments:

evan said...

nice to know that "Ask for staff resignations on Monday" isn't on there.

that would have been an awkward way to find out.

Anonymous said...

Travis,

I have prayed for you today.

gaj

Anonymous said...

Evan's comment cracked me up! There's a ton on my mind too. Our pastor and Very close friend (he was our friend before our pastor) is dying right now of cancer, they called in hospice yesterday..he's 32:( pray for him, and us and I'll be sure to pray for you and your stressed mind.

aaron&tricia said...

Hey Travis, sinced you asked we've got a bit on our plate as well.

Tricia just got back from two months in Colorado. She got in Thursday and we've said goodbye to all of our friends, nearly packed up our apt (move out is tomorow), looked for and found a place to live in Champaign when we get back, got our Liberian visas, and now we are packing for the trip, two months in another country all by ourselves. But, I think I would be bored if we had it any other way...we are stopping by Mattoon for good byes this weekend, maybe we will see you guys.

Chip Sanders said...

If you are at District Council, we should connect. We live like 20 miles apart and keep in touch through blogs. We should drive an hour and a half and then get together. Praying for this weekend.